Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lalaloopsy Birthday Party

My daughter turned 6 last month!  Is it me or does 6 just sound so much older!  We had fun planning her birthday party.  She wanted to have a craft party- where the guests make lots of crafts.  So they made necklaces, decorated gift bags and decorated hot coco cups, did spin art and got their face painted.  We picked the Lalaloopsy theme because we just think she's sew cute!
Spin Art

Making Necklaces

Hot Coco Mugs

Make your own Party Bag
K picked chocolate cake with strawberry filling and lemon cake with strawberry filling.  Both covered in vanilla buttercream and then fondant.  Not many 6yr old have such good taste!  She even drew me several plans for her cake weeks before...most of which involved 6+ tiers!  And when your kids watch you make cakes for everyone elses kids...they expect a lot!  :)

Cupcake Toppers


So first there was cupcakes at school.  I was going to make paper toppers and then I decided to try these Lalaloopsy toppers.  I felt a little funny knowing that I was going to look like "that" mom...but I am that "cake momma"...so oh well!  I think her class was pleased.


First I completed the doll to sit on top.  She is made from fondant but has wires and supports...so we didn't eat her (if you want her she's for sale).


















This was my first time trying this type of ruffles and possibly my last!  That part took forever and ever and ever.  But I loved how it looked.

Love these Ruffles!

Happy 6th Birthday to my sweet baby girl!


Lalaloopsy Cake





No comments:

Post a Comment